The library will also be closed on November 11th for Veteran’s Day.
Learn to Knit and Crochet with Miss Marge~ Saturdays at 10 a.m.
Free Yoga Classes-Every Monday at 6:30 p.m.
Meet Author Amber Fuentes for a Children’s Storytime Special Event-Saturday, November 8th at 2 p.m. at the Library.
All ages welcome. Refreshments will be served.
In just a few short weeks, it will be Christmas. Every year, Chloe and her mommy and daddy go to a special gift store to do some shopping. It is an important tradition! The store is the place they go to pick out their yearly Christmas ornament, and it makes you feel like you are in a Christmas story yourself! This is no ordinary shopping trip.
Back at home, something magical happens to a box of Christmas ornaments when the full, bright December moon mixes with a magical snowfall. The ornaments come to life and start talking to each other. One of the ornaments learns a valuable lesson about bullying, and all of them learn about being respectful to each other.
With colorful illustrations, Enchanted Snowflakes narrates a Christmas story in which everyone learns about the gift of friendship and that everyone is important-everyone matters.
Meet Pittsburgh Author Diane Neely Bates on Saturday, November 15th at 12 noon. for a book signing and discussion of her motivational book “Break the Ties that Bind”.
The Afternoon Book Club meets the first Thursday Thursday of every Month at 4:00 p.m.
The November Book Club Selection is “The Maze Runner” by James Dashner”
The Mystery Book Club meets the last Thursday of every Month at 6:30 p.m.
November Mystery Book Club Selections
Read one or both and join our discussion Thursday, Nov. 27th at 6:30PM
Frog Music by Emma Donoghue or Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Please join our 2nd annual
Coraopolis Memorial Library Cookie Exchange
Friday, Dec. 6th at 5PM.
THE RULES OF THE COOKIE EXCHANGE
1. All cookies should be homemade.
2. Any of your favorites are welcome including chocolate chip cookies, cookie mixes, no-bakes, meringues or bars.
3. Please bring 6 dozen cookies packaged in half dozen batches.
4. Bring a large container to carry away your cookies.
5. Bring a copy of your recipe
6. RSVP by 11/29/2014 let us know what type of cookies you are planning on bringing – no duplicate recipes allowed (please provide a phone number also).
Coraopolis Memorial Library
2014 Gingerbread House Contest
One entry per person or family.
1 = Adult ———-18 yrs. & older
2 = Teens ———-13 – 17 yrs.
3 = Youth——— 8 – 12 yrs.
4=Kids, Ages 8 and under——
Regulations – PLEASE READ THESE RULES!
- Gingerbread house must be mounted on a hard, disposable, unbendable surface no larger than 12” wide x 18” long. The front of the house must be on the 18” side.
- The main structure must be constructed of gingerbread.
- Everything on the display must be made of edible materials (excluding mounting surface).
- We are not responsible for deterioration of, or damage to, the structure.
- Entries may be subject to display through Thursday, December 10, 2014. Judges will determine entries suitable for display.
- No professional entries will be permitted.
1 – Total display 2 – Use of color 3 – Uniqueness of display 4 – Imaginative use of materials 5 – Quality of construction
Best of each category ————–$25.00 Gift card to Target
Dates & Times
- Entry forms and gingerbread houses are due Friday, December 5th by 4 p.m..
- Judging will take place Saturday, December 6th.
- Gingerbread displays may be picked up by Thursday, December 11th. Houses left after this date will be disposed of.
Upcoming Children’s Events for December- Sat., Dec. 6 @2 P.M. Family Movie Showing-Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Come join us for a special Movie showing of this holiday classic followed by a craft and a snack. Registration is required.
Call the library to register at 412-264-3502
Wed, Dec. 3 @ 6:30 PM-Evening Family Storytime -Gingerbread Friends
December 10th : “Olaf” from the movie Frozen
December 17th : Reindeer
December 24th and 31st Library Closed
Wednesday, December 10th @ 6:30 PM “Olaf” from the Movie Frozen storytime. This storytime will be followed by a craft and snack.
Wednesday, December 17th@ 6:30 PM Reindeer Storytime
Wednesday, December 21st and 31st-Library Closed. Happy Holidays!
Friends of the Library
COME JOIN OUR FRIENDS GROUP
Are you looking for an opportunity to meet some wonderful people, share ideas AND help your community at the same time? You might consider joining our Friends of the Library group. The next meeting will be
Join our New Formed Friends of the Library! We are looking for officers!
Friends of the Library are people who care about libraries and are interested in increasing awareness of the library in their communities.
Friends of the Library support the library by:
- holding fundraising events such as book sales
- sponsoring and staffing library events
- Membership is open to anyone interested in helping to enhance library services in their community.
To learn how to become a Friend of the Library, contact Susan at 412-264-3502.
Bring your toddler, ages 19-months to 3 years old, for an interactive story time. We will enjoy stories, rhymes, songs, play with instruments and have fun with Miss Lisa on Monday mornings or Miss Sarah Wednesday evenings. Toddler Time (ages 19 months – 3 years old)
We meet every Monday morning at 10:30 AM and Wednesday evenings at 6:15 p.m.
Book Buddies is a new preschool story time for ages 4-5 years. We will do a variety of activities such as read stories, sing songs, play games and make a craft. Come join us for a new adventure every week with Miss Sarah.