Job Hunting Resources
1. Glassdoor – It has tons of new jobs added every day, and allows you to search by job title, key responsibilities, company or location. Plus, it provides employee reviews on company culture, senior leaders and salary information to give you a leg up on negotiating your salary. Reviews.com said it best, “Glassdoor gives you both the info you need to find job opportunities and the context to see if it’s a good fit for you too.”
2. Indeed – This is a Google-like search engine for jobs and one of the most efficient sites for surveying listings, since it aggregates information from job boards, news sites and company listings. An advanced search function provides a few more filters than Glassdoor, and allows you to drill down on a location, keyword and salary range. Indeed says it has 200 million unique visitors month and is available in 60 countries and 28 languages.
3. LinkedIn – Recruiters and hiring managers love this site. A 2015 Recruiter Nation report by Jobvite shows that 87% of recruiters are using LinkedIn (the most popular social media networking site for recruiters) to seek out job candidates. You can post a free profile so that recruiters can check you out. Another key advantage is that LinkedIn allows you to search for jobs and then shows those in your network who are currently working, or have worked, inside that organization.
Search for national job listings. The site also contains networking opportunities and career advice. To find specialized job listing sites by occupation, try the Riley Guide’s directory of job listings or the Google’s directory Job Search by Industry Also, check out the Job Hunter’s Sourcebook (R 331.128 J), a reference book located on the Career Table of the Chester County Library’s Reference Department. This book lists specialized-job searching resources by occupation.
JobGatewaySM is the state’s premier job-matching tool developed to transform the landscape of how job-seekers find jobs and how employers find talent. The user-friendly job-matching system was created to connect employers and job seekers all in one place, free of charge.
For Job Seekers:
In JobGatewaySM, job seekers have access to thousands of job openings. They are able to upload an existing resume or use the system to create one. Job seekers can also subscribe to e-mail alerts for job openings and choose to allow employers to search for them based on the information they provide.
Employers registered in JobGatewaySM can search for candidates, create job postings, and get recommendations for candidates matching their criteria.
A Military to Civilian Translator helps veterans transition into the work force by translating their existing military skills into civilian terms, letting employers know the unique talent and skills our military veterans possess.
PA Career Link
Pennsylvania Civil Service Commission
Find information and apply for PA Civil Service jobs from this website.
Search for jobs by location or keyword. Get assistance with resumes and cover letters. Post your resume.
Use the Salary Wizard to get information on a variety of careers keyed to a geographic location. The basic report is free; personalized reports may be purchased.
Powered by data from the Economic Research Institute, Salary Expert allows users to review salary ranges, evaluate career salary potential, and compare costs of living. Includes an integrated job search board powered by Indeed.com
General Job Searching
Career Builder – a great site for locating jobs, e-mail job alert link, hot companies, expert advice and much more.
Career Engine – provides category specific career sites to conduct searches.
CareerShop – nationwide database that provides resume posting along with information on career fairs. Ability to apply for any position with “Resume Reply” feature.
Career Site – offers free, confidential resume posting.
CollegeCentral.com – Search 34 job sites and over 2 million jobs.
CollegeGrad.com – Extensive searchable employer database with resume posting as well.
CollegeJournal – offers job listings and internships from many of the nation’s top companies.
CollegeRecruiter.com – this site offers 2 ways of finding the best employer or school for your needs: easy to use search engine and resume bank.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Civil Service Commission – check out available job opportunities and information on how to apply for PA civil service jobs.
Direct-Jobs – access thousands of jobs and apply on-line. Register and receive e-mail notifications for jobs that match your profile.
DiversityWorking.com – a job search link directed towards underrepresented groups in the workforce.
EmploymentSpot.com – quickly and easily find the best job-hunting sites, salary and benefits information, resume- and job-posting opportunities, company profiles, internships, career glossaries, job banks, interviewing tips and much more.
Global Pittsburgh.org – Connecting International Communities in the Pittsburgh region.
National Business & Disability Council – Resource for employers seeking to integrate people with disabilities into the workplace.
PA CareerLink – Pennsylvania’s one stop on-line resource for job seekers services, employer services, social services and training.
Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission – View Pennsylvania job opportunities. Information on how to apply. Apply on-line or print paper application.
Recruiters Online Network – find 1,000’s of jobs and recruiters in your field or location.
Snag-A-Job – Good free resource for part-time, summer, and seasonal employment.
Sologig.com – for those looking for project or freelance type work.
Vault.com – a general resume bank that e-mails you information about positions that match your interests and qualifications.
Temporary Employment Agencies
- Adecco – Matches the needs of job seekers and businesses by providing the right solutions both in direct hire and temporary help.
- The Financial Search Group – Matches qualified job seekers with the employment needs of Pittsburgh businesses. Full-time, part-time, and contract positions.
- kforce – Believes placing great people in the right positions is the key to achieving outstanding business and career development results.
- Manpower – Full-time, part-time and temporary positions in administrative support, accounting, information technology, sales/marketing, human resources and logistics.
- Olsten Staffing Services – Full service staffing for accounting, legal, technical and office support.
- On Assignment – Lab Support – International scientific staffing: biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, and physics majors.
- TOPS Staffing, LLC – Providing staffing services to clients in southwestern Pennsylvania. Service clients in the full spectrum of manufacturing, high technology, service, non-profit and public sector enterprises. Providing traditional clerical and light industrial temporary personnel, technical and permanent placement services.